I will teach you how to build your website or blog!
Description: What we will do
- Install the WordPress script to run your website
- An explanation of content management in WordPress
- Create and arrange menus
- How to install themes
- Recommended themes and how can you use them
- Build your site with a WordPress theme
- Create professional looking pages and posts
- Add links. Insert and embed media – images, video, audio
- Monitoring and moderating comments
- Add functionality to your site with WordPress plugins
- List of the 5 top WordPress plugins and what they do
- Use plugins and widgets to improve your website’s functionality
- Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it’s important
- Adding meta descriptions in your content to improve ranking
- Making sure your WordPress website is secure
- Backing up your WordPress website
- Share your content on other social networks
- Set-up auto-posting to Twitter
- Add ‘Share’ buttons
- Add a newsletter
- Launch your website
- Question & Answer Session
What you will learn
- You will know how to choose a memorable domain name for your website
- You will know what website hosting is and how it works
- You will know how to build your website using themes and plugins
- You will be able to manage, update and improve your website
- You will be able to manage your website content
- You will be able to integrate social media content into your website
- You will know how to promote your website
- You will understand how search engine optimisation (SEO) works
- You will know how to make your site accessible
- You will know how to manage comments on your website
- You will know how to use plugins and widgets to add functionality to your website
Who is this workshop for?
- The workshop is great if you want to learn how to build your own website or blog either for yourself, your business, or your organisation.
- The workshop is also great if are looking to have a side hustle while you work your job. If you don’t have a job, learning how to build a website can come in handy as well in building your portfolio online.
- No experience required. As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
What you need.
- Please note that you will need to bring a laptop (PC, Mac or Chromebook) as the course is ‘hands-on’
- Your own domain name if you don’t have one. Free Hosting for one year will be provided.
About the instructor
Mary Job is a divergent technology enthusiast with 16 years’ experience in the ICT industry, more than half of it she spent roaming the world wide web as a freelance writer and virtual assistant until WordPress saved her 6 years ago by giving her a voice she uses freely on her blog. She has spent the last 4 years building websites and teaching about using WordPress as a tool for self-empowerment. She currently oversees the day-to-day operations of How Do You Tech (HDYTech). In her spare time, she teaches ICT at Uwani Hub; a non-profit community project heavily sponsored by HDYTech.
Confirm your reservation now. For effectiveness, seats are very limited to only ten people.
Normal Workshop Fee:
N50,000 (Naira Only). If you confirm now, you pay N20,000 only. Training location for now, is Lagos only please (Ikeja). Training will hold on Saturday, February 23rd 2019. From 10.00am – 04.00pm. Precise venue address will be communicated to confirmed participants only.
If you would like to register your interest for future workshops, sign-up here.